Castle Durrow is located off the square in Durrow. The entrance is through the large wrought iron gate at the castellated gate lodge. The hotel is at the top of the drive, past their banqueting hall. Parking is past the hotel in the specially designated parking areas.
- Take the N7/M7 from Dublin (accessible from the city center and the M50), signposted “The South” and for Cork.
- Follow this road (M7) for approximately 50 miles.
- Do not exit at Portlaoise exit.
- The next exit is the Abbeyleix & Durrow Exit – (Exit No 17). Leave the motorway here. The slip lane will bring you onto a roundabout. Take the first exit signposted Abbeyleix.
- Follow this road; it will take you through the small town of Abbeyleix. The next village on is Durrow.
- As you drive into Durrow you will be driving through the village green. On the right, you cannot miss the Castle lodge and a large set of gates. Drive through those gates and the avenue will lead you to the front door!
- The journey from Dublin takes approximately 70 minutes unless you hit traffic.
- Take N77 from Kilkenny, (Castlecomer Road).
- Approximately 5 miles from Kilkenny you will pass a large B&B on the right-hand side, there is a turn left shortly after this. Take a left, it is signposted to Ballyragget and Durrow.
- Stay on the road through Ballyragget (the main road bends left).
- Durrow is approximately 5 miles from Ballyragget.
- You will pass the church, on your right-hand side. Stay on the road until you come to a T-junction. You will be facing the village green. Turn left and the entrance to Castle Durrow is on the right at the end of the green. You cannot miss the Castle lodge and a large set of gates. Drive through those gates and the avenue will lead you to the front door!
GPS Coordinates of Castle Durrow
The Church of the Most Holy Rosary (Abbeyleix Church) is located about 5.5 miles from Castle Durrow. To get to the Church from the Castle gates:
- Exit through the front gates of Castle Durrow. Follow signposts straight out of Durrow over the river towards Abbeyleix.
- The road is entirely straight from Durrow to Abbeyleix and as you approach the town, the Abbeyleix Manor Hotel will be on your right-hand side.
- Continue straight into Abbeyleix town through two sets of traffic lights.
- Immediately before the 3rd set of traffic lights, there is a signpost for “Church car park” indicating a right turn. Turn right and the Church is directly in front of you on top of the hill. Parking is on your left-hand side before the Church.
GPS Coordinates of Abbeyleix Church
Should you require additional assistance or guidance, please do not hesitate to contact us directly ahead of time.
All the best,
Stuart & Thomas